web traffic

Pages

Sunday, 27 April 2014

Why You Can't Just Learn Hacking From The Internet

Thousands of people, especially young teenagers make thousands of searches for finding a place to learn hacking on the internet. Well, they do happen to find a lot of articles about hacking and stuff but the problem is, they don't even really know what the word hacking means. Hacking isn't just breaking into your computers, its a vast field that involves almost everything related to computers. While I don't know a lot about programming and computers (but I'm not a total noob, I'm just almost not a noob :-P) I happen to 'know' about hacking, well just a few things. First, I have also been doing a lot of research on how to become a hacker and its one of the most searched sentence on Google because you know when you type 'How to' and suggestions kick in showing 'how to become a hacker' or 'how to kiss', both searches are mostly done by total noobs :-P. Well, if they weren't noobs they wouldn't have searched those things. Coming back to the topic,
I would say when you search about it, you find a lot of articles about this topic but when you open them all you see is 'This website will not actually teach you how to break into computers (and there's more specific term for that, cracking) because that is actually a crime'. So you must be wondering what hacking actually is? Yes, I was in the same position at that time but you know now its different since I have got the whole idea of hacking and cracking. Hacking nowadays refers to programming and computer geeky stuff. But there are literally thousands of articles on that stuff so I won't describe much here. Long story short, Hacking is a culture where believe in privacy and freedom. More of internet freedom but that does not mean piracy. There's a difference. Anyways, all the articles you find on your way to becoming a hacker none of them really tells you how to hack into computers. Why? Because that is actually called cracking which is a crime and if you're here thinking will I tell you how to crack (yes crack not hack) then sorry, I am far from that much of a geek. But if this blog is a hit and I get to learn some of that geeky stuff I will share it here. Now, they don't tell about cracking but they are actually indirectly telling you a way to become a hacker but hackers believe in do it yourself so that's why no one likes to spoon feed another person. So don't expect anyone to tell you everything there is about hacking and cracking. But I will tell you what those articles are indirectly telling you. Those articles tell the following steps:

1)Learn the fundamentals of computers

2)Learn programming

3)Learn the basics of web i.e HTML and stuff

4)Adopt the hacking culture which pretty much means freedom and open source softwares and such things.

5)Contribution

7)Help others

So I am only going to interpret these steps for you.
The first step is just that you should know about the computer. You must be thinking oh i know how to use my computer, but dude, the thing is, this step doesn't literally mean learn the fundamentals. It means go complete tech savvy. Learn the insides of the computer, operating systems, internet etc. You need to know everything about them, because to hack you need to know what those things really are. Like ports and IP, networking and stuff. Being a hacker or a programmer is like being a gamer. You solve puzzles and stuff. You have to build logic. Simple logic like if not this than what? And learning to program can really tell you how to do that. Steve Jobs also said learn to program because it tells you how to think. I'm unsure of the exact words but he said the same thing. It shows you how to think. That was just for logic, talking about computers, when you will know everything about computers, well even if not everything, a lot, then won't you understand how to hack into them.
Now the second step is to learn programming, yeah you have read the whole description somewhere so I'm just gonna say you have to learn programming because you need to be able to make programs, programs which are used for hacking purposes. Now no one is going to tell you where to get those programs but you have to make your own. Wait, now you're thinking is it supposed to be that hard? Well, nothing in this world is free. And for everything, hard work is the cost. Hard work is necessary, your intellect only is a catalyst which helps reduce the time to grasp those concepts but losing motivation (like I am losing mine writing this blog) can really screw things up. You have to find a reason, you need to find an anchor, passion in this case. Coming back to programming, it is a must. And who knows you might be able to master it and become a pro level programmer, and make millions.
HTML is the language of the web, you can't really do anything without knowing HTML and this is not it, you have to know others too such as CSS, JavaScript and PHP. Knowing these languages is a must, but don't think its hard, its not hard, if you know other programming languages these one's are very easy.
The fourth step is just about the hacking culture which you already know.
The fifth step says contribution. Well, contribute to what really? If you have done some research before, you must have heard about open source softwares. What are those? Linux? Does it ring a bell. Its an open source operating system just like Windows but the thing with open source is that you can view its code. And contribution means, if you find a bug, you can debug it, reprogram it and stuff. Updates are done this way but lets just get back to small level. You see people asking questions about how to make this program? How to make a pattern using C? Those questions are mostly asked by students and they need help. So contributing means, writing code and sharing it with the online community. Share your codes and discoveries with others over the internet. This pretty much covers the 7th step. But now you're wondering this was all hacking, where's the cracking? Well, cracking lies in these steps, you just have to figure it out yourself. The Do-it-yourself (DIY) guy is the real hacker and also a cracker. Be the DYI guy and start learning, you will easily find it out. No one will tell you how to hack into a computer, so you have to figure it out yourself, I just explained why you need to do all this. Happy Learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment